I love crustless quiche, but sometimes you just need some sort of crust, so I was determined to try and come up with a base for a quiche that was low synned. This worked perfectly. It was really good and crisped up on the edges, just how you would expect.
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 2.5 syns per serving
Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEa and 2.5 syns per serving (omit the bacon)
- For quiche base:
- 350g (12.5oz) of potato, peeled and cubed
- 55g (2oz) of plain flour (10 syns)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Spray oil
- For quiche filling:
- 500g (17.5oz) of fat free cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 120g (4oz) of cheddar (4xHEa’s)
- 4 slices of lean back bacon or Canadian bacon (any fat removed)
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- Spray oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180c of 350f
- For the quiche base
- Add potatoes to a saucepan of boiling hot water. Simmer until tender. Drain water, spray with some spray oil, and mash till smooth. Place in a bowl, allow to cool.
- Once potato is cool, add it to a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg yolk, and bind it all together.
- Get a large oven proof dish and grease with some spray oil.
- Add the pastry and flatten down and up the sides, until it is the same thickness all the way round.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20-30mins until it has started to go golden and has firmed up.
- For the quiche filling
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil, and add the bacon and onion and cook until golden.
- Add the cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and eggs to a blender or food process and blend until smooth.
- Add the bacon and onion to the pastry case in the dish and pour over the cheese/egg mixture. Top with slices of tomato and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until the egg mixture is firm and cooked through and the pastry is golden throughout. Approx 30-40 mins.
- Serve with a salad or your choice of sides
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.