Healthy Dairy Free Crustless Bacon and Vegetable Quiche – perfect for breakfast, lunch or picnics.
A yummy dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Breakfast just as it is, lunch with a salad, dinner with a salad and maybe even some syn free chips.
With more and more people are becoming intolerant to Dairy, I wanted to create a delicious quiche recipe free from a dairy.
Of course, you could just create a frittata using only eggs. However, using dairy-free milk gives it that creamier taste as you’d expect with quiche.
For the filling, I chose a variety of different vegetables such as peppers, onion, mushrooms, zucchini and tomatoes to really pack flavour and add in some speed foods along with some yummy bacon.
If you are vegetarian you can skip the bacon part, as it’s equally delicious without. Just add different vegetables of your choosing instead.
Tip of the day!!- If you do go for different vegetables, is to lightly fry off any vegetables that might release moisture and then add to a bowl lined with kitchen paper to absorb any extra liquid that gets released.
It helps the quiche to set, as you can guess what will happen if all that liquid releases from the vegetables as the quiche cooks right?
Usually, when I make a crustless quiche, I will add some cheese to the top as part of my healthy extra A choice, but as we are keeping this a dairy-free recipe.
Instead, I added a little nutritional yeast into the egg mixture. Nutritional Yeast is great for adding a slight cheese flavour but is totally dairy free. So great for those with dairy-free intolerances.
Don’t have nutritional yeast? Not a problem – the quiche is perfectly fine without nutritional yeast, just make sure the mix is well seasoned with salt and pepper.
Looking for some other Dairy Free Recipes? Check out some of these:
- Low Syn Chinese 5 Spice Chickpeas
- Sticky Sriracha Mushroom Omelette
- Syn Free Tuscan Chicken and White Bean Soup
- Syn Free Salisbury Steak with Gravy
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork
- One Pot Southern Hoppin John
- Syn Free Spicy Sweet Potato and Lentils
- One Pot Creamy Yellow Zucchini Pasta
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming World Recipes fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value etc
How can I add a 1/3 speed foods to this Dairy Free Crustless Bacon and Vegetable Quiche?
There are plenty of delicious speed foods adding into the quiche, but the perfect way to increase those even further is by serving this with a lovely green salad of your choice. I love this with some mixed baby greens and a low syn dressing.
Great served hot or cold, so perfect for packed lunches and picnics and of course because it is crustless it is also gluten-free.
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 200g bacon or thick ham, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, pulp removed and diced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of almond milk (or other dairy free milk) - (1 syn)
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs of nutritional yeast (optional) - (2 syns)
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 190c/375f
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the bacon and fry for 5 mins, remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes till translucent.
- Add in the remaining veg and fry for approx 5 mins.
- line a bowl with some kitchen paper and add the vegetables, just to ensure any excess liquid is removed.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with almond milk, nutritional yeast, and salt and black pepper
- Line a deep 7-inch springform pan (or similar size oven proof dish) with some parchment paper
- Add the bacon and vegetables, then pour over the egg mixture, stirring a little bit just to make sure the egg mix goes all the way to the bottom.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 35-40 mins until golden and set.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes removed from the oven before slicing.
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 syn per serving
- Original/SP - 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points - 2 per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 1 syn per serving (omit bacon)
Don't have nutritional yeast? use some garlic and onion powder instead.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
MasterClass Non-Stick Quick-Release Springform Cake Tin with Loose Base, 18 cm (7")
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Engevita Yeast With B12 125 g (Pack of 3)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 224 Total Fat: 10.4g Saturated Fat: 3.3g Cholesterol: 302mg Sodium: 854mg Carbohydrates: 12.9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 22.7g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.