The delicious flavours of spices and coconut come together in this Speed packed Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry that will have you want to go back for more.
It’s probably not a surprise that I love a good curry. I mean have you actually seen how many different curry recipes are right here on my blog?
One thing I really love about curries is that you often do not need to add any meat, just throw in heaps of different vegetables and you have a delicious filling meal.
You can easily make a curry budget friendly by bulking out with some red lentils, which are super cheap. It’s always handy to have a big bag of lentils in your cupboard. They are high in protein and a great source of fibre too. Plus they are going to keep you well satiated if you included them in a meal.
Occasionally when I make a curry it starts off as one of my usual curry recipes, but then becomes something totally different. I am a sucker for throwing in any ingredients I have on hand and using up any veg that’s lurking in the fridge. I hate waste, so if I spot something that needs using up, you can bet it will get thrown in the pot.
This Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry can also be cooked in a Instant Pot.
Wondering what an Instant Pot is? (check it out on amazon). It’s a 7in1 cooker, and it slow cooks, pressure cooks, saute’s, has settings for soup, chilli, rice, porridge and even makes yoghurt (I haven’t tried that yet). Things that would normally take hours can be cooked in minutes. So its great for batch cooking days, when you want to get some tubs of prepared meal frozen.
I like to cook a big pot of curry at least once a week, as it can be handy for quick meals to heat up when busy or for freezing in little one portion tubs for another day.
This curry was using up the aubergine (eggplant) and courgette (zucchini) I had in the fridge. I also added in some sweet potato, as I love that sweet and spicy flavour and well as I had decided on some light coconut milk for creaminess, it just had to have some lemongrass and Thai red chillies for heat.
Want to make this Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry SP friendly? swap out the sweet potato for some butternut squash, which will still add the sweetness like you get from the sweet potato, but is a speed food. Then you can serve with some of this Roasted Cauliflower Rice which is delicious.
If you are not doing an SP day and fancy something a little bit more than just regular plain rice, why not try this yummy Sweetcorn Pilau Rice or maybe this Zucchini Pilau Rice for even more speed foods and if you miss having some naan bread these Sweet Potato flatbreads are perfect for scooping up all that yummy sauce.
Usually I will serve a curry with some mint yoghurt, but as this Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry has light coconut milk add, it really doesn’t need it. It is perfect just as it is and of course dairy and gluten free.
Looking for some other meat free delicious curry recipes? Check out these:
- 4 Ingredient Quick Lentil Curry
- Malaysian Butternut Squash Curry
- Coconut Green Lentil Curry
- Lentil, Wheat Berry and Vegetable Curry
- Low Syn Lentil Curry
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Lentil Curry
- Red Lentil Dhal
- Chana Masala
or check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
Make up a big pot of this today, you will love having this on hand to dig in and enjoy!!
- 200g aubergine (eggplant), diced
- 300g courgette (zucchini), chopped
- 200g sweet potato, diced (substitute with butternut squash for SP day)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of red lentils (uncooked0
- 1 onion, chopped1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 stick of lemongrass, ground up
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup (240ml) of light coconut milk - (8 syns)
- 3 cups (360ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- coconut oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- freshly chopped coriander to serve
- Spray a large saucepan over a medium high heat, with some coconut oil spray. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Add the chilli, lemon grass, curry powder, tomato paste and stir thoroughly.Add the aubergine, courgette, sweet potato, lentils, stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add coconut milk and stir through till heated and creamy.
- Season with salt and black pepper, as needed
- Top with some chopped Coriander and serve with your choice of sides
- Set instant pot to saute mode, once hot spray with spray oil, add onion, garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the chilli, lemon grass, curry powder, tomato paste and stir thoroughly.
- Add the aubergine, courgette, sweet potato, lentils, and stock
- Add lid, close valve and set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked do a quick release of pressure, set to saute mode and stir in coconut milk till heated and creamy.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with your choice of sides.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition Information:Yield: 46 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 186 Total Fat: 4.5g Saturated Fat: 3.1g Sodium: 172mg Carbohydrates: 33.7g Fiber: 11.2g Sugar: 5.4g Protein: 10.2g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.