Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
Green – 1.5 syns per serving
- 1 baby aubergine, chopped
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1/2 cup of red lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder (I used a green curry powder)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 stick of lemongrass, ground up
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 160ml of light coconut milk (5 syns)
- 300ml of chicken stock
- Frylight or Pam spray
- salt and black pepper
- freshly chopped coriander to serve
Spray a large saucepan with some Frylight or Pam spray. Add your onion, garlic and ginger and fry for a couple of minutes.
Add the chilli’s, lemon grass, curry powder, tomato paste and stir thoroughly.
Add the aubergine, courgette, sweet potato, lentils, coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to the boil. Season with salt and black pepper.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
Top with some chopped Coriander and serve with steamed basmati rice.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: