This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
Green – 1.5 syns per serving
- 1 baby aubergine, chopped
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped (substitute with butternut squash for SP day)
- ½ cup of red lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder (I used a green curry powder)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 stick of lemongrass, ground up
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- ⅔ cups (160ml) of light coconut milk (5 syns)
- 1.5 cups (360ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- coconut oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- freshly chopped coriander to serve
- Spray a large saucepan with some coconut oil spray. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chilli’s, lemon grass, curry powder, tomato paste and stir thoroughly.
- Add the aubergine, courgette, sweet potato, lentils, coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to the boil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
- Top with some chopped Coriander and serve with steamed basmati rice or for an SP day Roasted Cauliflower Rice
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (without rice)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.