This recipe is Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – approx 3.5 syns per slice
Green – approx 3.5 syns per slice
Original – approx 3.5 syns per slice
- 1 medium apple, peeled chopped (stewed without sugar) (3 syns)
- 2 tsps of stevia or other sweetener of choice
- 60g of self raising flour (11 syns)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 30g of sultanas (4.5 syns)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of all spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of semi skimmed milk (0.5 syns)
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Grease a large round sponge cake tin with coconut oil spray
- Stew apple in a little water for a few mins, you want it to still have a slight bite to it and not be a puree, chop finely and set aside in a bowl to cool.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, allspice and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Separate the yolks from the egg. Then add the vanilla extract to the egg yolks, along with the stevia and whisk until you have a smooth paste.
- Add this into the flour mixture and whisk in the tablepoon of milk.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Then carefully mix this into the rest of the cake mixture with a whisk, until all ingredients are combined (be careful not to over whisk).
- Fold in the apple and sultanas.
- Add to the oven and bake for approx 45 mins (a skewer entered into the centre should come out clean)
- When cake is ready, remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the cake tin. Remove carefully from tin, slice and it is ready to serve.
- This cake is great served on it’s own or with some light cream (for syns) or for a syn free option use some quark mixed with stevia.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.