Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – 2 syns and 1 HEa per serving
Extra Easy – 2 syns and 1 HEa per serving
or 1 syn per apple and cheddar quinoa bite when not using your Healthy Extra A choice
- 200g/7oz of cooked quinoa
- 1 large apple, grated (I recommend using a sweet variety – I used a lady alice) (4 syns)
- 90g/3ozof reduced fat cheddar (2xHEa)
- 1 egg, beaten
- olive oil spray
- * remember fruit when not in it’s raw form i.e. cooked, blended or pureed becomes syns – refer to your basic syn guide for syn values in you are unsure of syn value
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Add quinoa, apple, cheese and beaten egg to a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Form into 12 equal size balls or patties and place on a baking tray sprayed with olive oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Bake in the oven until firm and a pale golden colour (approx 30 mins)
- Great served with a salad.
- You could also add some chives or fresh herbs to the mixture for additional flavour.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.